Computer and Software

The College of Architecture Computer Policy

General Information

All students in the College of Architecture’s Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and Interior Design programs are required to lease, purchase or have ready access to a laptop computer that meets or exceeds the specifications listed below in the Computer Policy document. This laptop computer is an integral tool in architectural education.

Request Computer Service and/or Repair assistance here

Please note that the computer recommeded for the program is a business class workstation. In many cases notebooks 'off the shelf' will not meet the requirements. Students who custom order a machine can experience waits of up to six weeks before delivery. All students are expected to have their computer on or before September 1.

AUTODESK SOFTWARE: College of Architecture students need to sign up for the free Autodesk Education Plan. To continue your access to Educational software, you must renew your eligibility every year through the Autodesk Education Community website. Autodesk will send an email reminder 30 days before your eligibility expires.

Students can sign up for the Autodesk Education Plan at the Autodesk Education Community website.

Autodesk Student Download Instructions  Revised 28 May 2023

The following files contain specific computer requirement specifications and additional software information :

Computer Policy and Software Requirements - Revised 13 May 2024

Purchase Laptop from UNL's Huskertech Store  

Software Help Sheet: Revised 13 May 2024

Purchase Rhino 8 from UNL's Huskertech Store

Download information for Adobe Creative Cloud

Printer Help Sheet- Revised April 14 2022

Laser Cutter Reservation Instructions

The College of Architecture prohibits the use of pirated software. Students are expected to certify that all software on their computer is legitimate to have access to the network. Students may be asked to present proof of software ownership. Students who have pirated software on their computers will not be serviced and can be reported to student judicial affairs.