Architecture Hall is the visible manifestation of an architectural tradition that has served Nebraska for over a hundred years. The College of Architecture’s programs in architecture, interior design, landscape architecture and community and regional planning have a proud tradition of excellence in education, research, and service to the State of Nebraska and the nation.
We create a resilient,
healthy and beautiful world,
within a diverse and inclusive culture
of rigorous inquiry and innovation,
united by the transformative power
of planning and design.
Our intellectual environment thrives because of our:
Dynamic close-knit community, and
Pursuit of meaningful impact.
Demand Excellence | Be Courageous | Practice Empathy
Look Beyond | Inspire Impact
The facilities of the College of Architecture underwent a $4.4 million renovation and remodeling project, which connected two existing buildings with a glass atrium in 1987. This 91,000 square foot complex comprises classrooms; design and planning studios; computer, media, and shop facilities; Architecture Library; exhibit spaces; and other ancillary facilities. Architecture Hall provides students and faculty with one of the finest facilities in the nation for the study of architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, and community and regional planning.
The College is headquartered in Architecture Hall, constructed in the early 1890s and placed into service as the University Library in 1894. Architecture Hall is the oldest and most distinctive of the occupied structures on the University’s City Campus. All facilities of this unique and historic complex are located within the southwestern fine arts quadrant of the campus, with convenient access to the Lincoln central business district for both pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
From its first architecture course offering in 1894 to the establishment of the Department of Architecture in 1930, the creation of the School of Architecture in 1964, the founding of the School of Environmental Development in 1970 and the formation of the College of Architecture in 1973, the faculty and students in architecture and the allied disciplines have built a tradition of excellence in education, research & creative activity, engagement and service to the State of Nebraska.