Handa and Williams among 26 honored by 2023 Women of Courage, Character and Commitment Award
March 9, 2023
Twenty-six students, staff and faculty will be honored by the University of Nebraska–Lincoln Women’s Center with the 2023 Women of Courage, Character and Commitment Award.
The annual award recognizes women from the campus and Lincoln communities who have made positive impacts through professional, personal, mentoring or peer relationships.
The honorees will be feted during the Women’s History Month Celebration happening on March 10 at Lied Center Commons. Individuals wishing to attend the event should request a free ticket prior to the March 2 deadline.
Details about additional Women’s History Month activities are found on the center’s website. Inquiries can be directed to assistant director Domonique Cudjo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following is a list of the 2023 award honorees:
- Jessica Dunn, sophomore, Film Studies and Women’s and Gender Studies, College of Arts and Sciences
- Angela Huebert, graduate student, Audiology and Hearing Science Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, Grad Studies
- Madison Hurst, senior, Political Science, College of Arts and Sciences
- Lisa Mueller, junior, Pre-Veterinary Medicine and Veterinary Science, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- Kalyssa Williams , junior, Landscape Architecture, College of Architecture
- Cindy Agee, manager for student family housing, University Housing, Student Affairs
- Lydia Coulson, alcohol and drug prevention project manager, Big Red Resilience and Well-being, Student Affairs
- Nancy Finken, chief content officer, Nebraska Public Media
- EmyRosa Kata, program coordinator for peer mentor and student experience, Office of Academic Success and Intercultural Services
- Emily Griffin Overocker, student success coordinator, Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts
- Abigail Groth, assistant director of learning communities/academics, University Housing, Student Affairs
- Carrie Jackson, assistant director of reservations/events, Nebraska Unions, Student Affairs
- Mollie Rappl, assistant director of student services, University Housing Residence Life, Student Affairs
- Reshell Ray, associate director for programs and events, Student Leadership, Involvement and Community Engagement, Student Affairs
- Lori Romano, director, center for academic success and transition, Center for Academic Success and Transition
- Brenda Sale, extension associate, Nutrition Education Program, Nebraska Extension
- Melissa Wilkerson, director, Center of Advocacy, Response and Education, Student Affairs
- Dena Abbott , assistant professor, Educational Psychology, College of Education and Human Sciences
- Diane Barger , professor, Glenn Korff School of Music, Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts
- Cassidy Emmerich , lecturer, Communication Studies, College of Arts and Sciences
- Crystal Garcia , assistant professor, Educational Administration, College of Education and Human Sciences
- Rumiko Handa , professor, Architecture, College of Architecture
- Melissa Homestead , professor, English, College of Arts and Sciences
- Heather Hruskoci , assistant professor of practice, Educational Psychology, College of Education and Human Sciences
- Trish Wonch Hill , research associate professor, Center for Science, Mathematics and Computer Education, College of Arts and Sciences
- Laura K. Muñoz , assistant professor, Ethnic Studies and History, College of Arts and Sciences