The STEM designated, 3-year Master of Architecture (M.Arch) graduate program at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln is nationally accredited by the National Architectural Accreditation Board (NAAB). After completing the 92 credit hour program (plus 0-17 credits of potential prerequisite coursework), students will be able to work towards becoming a licensed architect. The Architecture Program at UNL is known for combining technological, disciplinary and computational innovation with a focus on the everyday demands on the profession. Our students deploy advanced design experimentation in the service of the community and play a vital role in the international discussion on infrastructure, urban economic, sustainability, the health of communities, and the future of our cities and towns.
Please note that the professional degree program is only available to those applicants who do not already hold a professional degree in architecture and who do not have their undergraduate degree in architecture. Applicants may hold a bachelor’s degree in any other field. If you hold a professional degree in architecture, your application will not be considered for this program. However, we do encourage you to apply for our M.S.
Students must apply for admission by February 1st
Application Process and Requirements
Application for admission to the M.Arch program is initiated by submitting an online application form that is accessible in the “Admissions” section of the UNL Graduate Studies website. The online application form requests specific information about you and also includes instructions for submitting the following:
- $50 application fee
- Personal statement commenting on your learning goals and your professional aspirations
- Names and email addresses of three persons who will be asked to submit letters of recommendation digitally
- One copy of all college/university official transcripts (GRE scores are not required)
- Optional Portfolio -Multi-page PDF portfolio (20mb max) of personal design work. You have the option of additionally attaching, along with the portfolio, one of the following: -- Image (up to 10MB each) -- Video (up to 500MB each) -- 3D Model (embedded) -- Document (20MB each)
- For international students: minimum test scores documenting English language proficiency are noted on the UNL Graduate Studies website at English proficiency scores
Once a student applies to the M.Arch degree, they are automatically considered for any scholarship, TA position, fellowship, etc. available from the College of Architecture. Funding is distributed by faculty using your application materials. Additional resources on funding can be found on UNL’s Graduate Studies Applying for Scholarships and Awards webpage.
For funding questions, please contact Mack (Campbell) Krantz.
College of Architecture
210 Architecture Hall
Lincoln NE 68588-0106
( On-campus, 2-4065 )